Full name: LE Xuan Truong
Date of birth: 1976
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Doctor 2009 Fracture Mechanics/Bandung Institute of Technology (Indonesia) and Toyohashi University of Technology (Japan)
- Master 2002 Modelisation and Computation in Mechanics of Continuum/ Inter-university cooperation program between Liege University, Belgium and Hanoi University of Technology, Vietnam
- Engineer 1999 Aeronautical Engineering/ Hanoi University of Technology
Fields of interest
Aircraft systems, Fracture Mechanics, Aircraft Structure, Hydraulic Systems, Wind turbine
Honors and awards
2007: 01 the best paper award at “5th international conference on numerical analysis in engineering” Indonesia 2007.
MC & organizer member of AUN/SEED-Net Regional Conference on New & Renewable Energy (2012), Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering (2014).
In charge of workshop & lectures in the collaboration with Mitsubishi Heavy Industry & Nagoya University at Department of Aeronautical & Space Engineering since 2009.
- Fracture Mechanics
- Aircraft Systems
- Advanced Fracture Mechanics
Brief research background and working experiences
2009 – present: Lecturer at Aeronautical & Space Engineering Department, Hanoi University of Science & Technology
2004 – 2009: Ph.D. student at Bandung Institute of Technology (Indonesia) and Toyohashi University of Technology (Japan)
2002 – 2004: Lecturer at Aeronautical & Space Engineering Department, Hanoi University of Science & Technology
Remarkable scientific projects
2010: Research on design and manufacture an experimental apparatus for wind-tunnel using for other aero-thermodynamics researches. Being carried out. Ministry’s project, Hanoi 2010. Position: member
2011-2012: Research and manufacture an UAV which can fly following a preset trajectory.
Remarkable published papers
-  LE Xuan Truong et al., 2007: Semi-Empirical Dynamic Stress Intensity Factor Calculation of PMMA Using Node-Based FEM
-  LE Xuan Truong et al., 2007: Dynamic Fracture Analysis Using Node-Based Finite Element Method
- [3 ]LE Xuan Truong, et al., 2009: Determination of Dynamic Fracture Toughness by a Hybrid Numerical-Experimental Method, International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering ICAME 2009, Malaysia.
-  LE Xuan Truong, et al., 2009: A Hybrid Numerical-Experimental Method for Determination of Dynamic Fracture Properties of Material, 4th International Conference on Experimental Mechanics ICEM 2009, Singapore.
-  S. Mihradi, I. S. Putra, T. Dirgantara, D. Widagdo, and L. X. Truong (2009): A hybrid numerical-experimental method for determination of dynamic fracture properties of material. Proc. SPIE Volume 7522-75224G (2009)
-  LE Xuan Truong, (2011): Determination of Dynamic Fracture Properties of PMMA by a Hybrid Numerical Experimental Method; 3rd Regional Conference on Mechanical and Aerospace Technology, Manila , Philippines
-  LE Xuan Truong, Tadashige IKEDA and Niwa MASATO, (2011): Experimental Study on Thermo-mechanical Behaviours of a Ti 50.93%Ni Alloy under Various Temperatures; 4th Regional Conference on Mechanical and Aerospace Technology, HoChiMinh city University of Technology, Vietnam.
-  Le Xuan Truong, Tadashige Ikeda and Fumito Nakagawa, (2014): Experimental Study of Residual Compression Strength of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic (CFRP) under Compression After Impact (CAI) test
Topics for Master thesis
- Calculation, designation and testing for a hydraulic powered steering system for transport vehicle
- Research on designation of a hydraulic powered brake system for transport vehicle and simulation testing for the designed system.
Topics for PhDs