Name: Vu Van Truong
Date of birth: 14/06/1983
Tel.: (04)3869-2984/ 0125-471-6521
1. Courses taught:
- Hydraulic machines; Theory of wing sections I; Pumps and fans I
2. Fields of interest:
- Multiphase flows (solid, liquid and gas); Flows in fluid machines; Heat and mass transfer, phase change (solidification/melting and condensation/evaporation); Technology development for production of semiconductor materials (solar cells)
- Renewable energy
3. Honors and awards (only those relate to professional experience)
- 2013: Outstanding paper award (Journal of Chemical Engineering of Japan)
- 4/2012 – 3/2014: Fellow of Japan Society for the Promotion of Science
- 4/2011 – 3/2012: Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) Scholarship
- 10/2010 – 3/2011: ASTER Scholarship
- 10/2008 – 9/2010: Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship
- 2002 – 2007: HUST Scholarship
- 2006: SAFRAN Scholarship
- 2005: DAEWOO Scholarship
||Field and university
||Integrated Science Engineering, Ritsumeikan University, Japan
||Advanced Science and Engineering, Ritsumeikan University, Japan
||Aeronautical Engineering, Hanoi University of Science and Technology
5. Brief research background and working experiences:
- 4/2014 – present:Lecturer, Hanoi University of Science and Engineering
- 03/2016: Research associate, Ritsumeikan University, Japan
- 11/2015 – 12/2015: Research associate, Ritsumeikan University, Japan
- 12/2014 – 01/2015: Research associate, Ritsumeikan University, Japan
- 4/2013 – 3/2014: Postdoc, Ritsumeikan University, Japan
- 2/2012 – 3/2012: Research associate, University of Notre Dame, USA
6. Remarkable scientific projects (no more than 10 items):
- Direct numerical simulations of the solidification and melting processes of phase change materials (2015-2017). Funding institution: National Foundation for Science and Technology Development (NAFOSTED).
- Development of a hollow-jet-based technology for formation of hollow Silicon spheres (2012-2014). Funding institution: Japan Society of the Promotion of Science (JSPS)
7. Remarkable Published Papers (no more than 15 papers):
- Articles in academic journals
- Truong V. Vu, Anh V. Truong, Ngoc T.B. Hoang, Duong Tran: Numerical Investigations of Solidification around a Circular Cylinder under Forced Convection, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, (2016) in press (ISSN: 1738-494X ) (ISI)
- Truong V. Vu: Numerical Simulation of Inward Solidification with Volume Change in Cylindrical Containers, Journal of Chemical Engineering of Japan, (2016) in press ( ISSN: 0021-9592) (ISI)
- Vu Van Truong: Direct Numerical Simulation of Solidification with Effects of Density Difference, Vietnam Journal of Mechanics, (2016) in press (ISSN: 0866-7136)
- Truong V. Vu, G. Tryggvason, S. Homma, John C Wells: Numerical Investigations of Drop Solidification on a Cold Plate in the Presence of Volume Change, International Journal of Multiphase Flow, Vol. 76, pp. 73-85 (2015) (ISSN: 0301-9322) (ISI)
- Truong Van Vu, Gretar Tryggvason, Shunji Homma, John Craig Wells, Hideyuki Takakura: Front tracking computation of trijunction solidification with volume change, Proceida IUTAM, Vol. 15 (2015), pp. 14-17
- Truong V. Vu, G. Tryggvason, Homma, John C. Wells, H. Takakura: A Front-tracking Method for Three-phase Computations of Solidification with Volume Change, Journal of Chemical Engineering of Japan, Vol. 46, No. 11, pp 726-731 (2013) (ISI).
- Truong V. Vu, S. Homma, G. Tryggvason, John C. Wells, H. Takakura: Computations of Breakup Modes in Laminar Compound Liquid Jets in a Coflowing Fluid, International Journal of Multiphase Flow, Vol. 49, pp. 58-69 (2013) (ISI).
- Truong V. Vu, John C. Wells, Hideyuki Takakura, Shunji Homma, Gretar Tryggvason: Numerical Calculations of Pattern Formation of Compound Drops Detaching from a Compound Jet in a Co-flowing immiscible Fluid, Journal of Chemical Engineering of Japan, Vol. 45, No. 9, pp. 721-726 (2012) (ISI).
- V. Vu, H. Takakura, J. C. Wells, T. Minemoto: Breakup Modes of a Laminar Hollow Water Jet, Journal of Visualization, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 307-309 (2011) (ISI).
- Truong Van Vu, Hideyuki Takakura, John Craig Wells, Takashi Minemoto: Pattern Formation of Hollow Drops from Final Breakup of a Hollow Jet, Journal of Fluid Science, Technology, Vol.6, No.6, pp. 823-837 (2011).
- Truong Van Vu, Shunji Homma, John Craig Wells, Hideyuki Takakura, Gretar Tryggvason: Numerical Simulation of Formation, Breakup of a Three-Fluid Compound Jet, Journal of Fluid Science, Technology, Vol.6, No.2, pp.252–263 (2011).
- Truong V. Vu, H. Takakura, John C. Wells, T. Minemoto: Production of Hollow Spheres of Eutectic Tin-Lead Solder through a Coaxial Nozzle, Journal of Solid Mechanics, Materials Engineering, Vol.4, No.10, pp.1530–1538 (2010).
- Hoang Thi Bich Ngoc, Vu Van Truong: Program for Aerodynamic Design of the Meridional of Multistage Axial Compressors, Journal of Science, Technology, Vol.66, pp.10–15 (2008).
- Truong V. Vu, S. Homma, G. Tryggvason, John C. Wells, H. Takakura: Numerical simulation of formation and breakup of compound jets, and solidification with volume change, International Symposium on Computational Multiphase Flow, Kyoto, Japan (01/ 2015).
- Truong V. Vu, John C. Wells, H. Takakura, S. Homma, G. Tryggvason: Formation of a laminar compound jet, its breakup into compound droplets, The SCEJ 78th Annual Meeting, Osaka, Japan (03/ 2013).