Transportation Engineering Program for Engineer
Program’s Title: Transportation Engineering Program for Engineer
Training Level: Undergraduate
Major: Mechanical Engineering (Transportation Engineering)
(Promulgated under Decision…./QĐ-ĐHBK-ĐTĐH dated…/…./2011 by the HUST’s President)
1 Program’s Objective
The objective the Engineer of Transportation Engineering Program is to provide the graduates with:
(1) Solid background knowledge in order to well adapt to various works of the mechanical engineering field generally and the transportation engineering particularly; Professional knowledge of an expert in one of the following specialised fields: Combusion engine, Automobile, Machine and Aero-hydraulic automation.
(2) Professional skills and personal characters needed to be seccessful in their career
(3) Essential social skills to work effectively in the interdisciplinary groups and international environment
(4) Ability to design and implement projects and operate equipment, conforming to the socio-economic and enviromental context
(5) Political character, morality, willingness to serve people and health in order to meet high requirements for Motherland construction and protection
After completion, the Engineer of Transportation Engineering could take a role of:
– Design and development engineer
– Operation and maintenance Engineer
– Auditing and evaluation Engineer
– Design and monitoring consultant
– Project management engineer
in the areas of production, sale and technical service of combustion engine, automobile, machine and aerohydraulic automation.
2 Standard outputs – Expected results
After completion, the engineer of the HUST’s transportation engineering would have:
1 Solid background knowledge to adapt to various works, for examples, R&D, consultancy, production and management in the fields of combusion engine, automobile, machine and aero-hydraulic automation. Specifically, they are able to:
1.1 Apply fundamental knowledge, such as, math and physic in simulation and calculation of transportation engineering systems and equipment, including engine, automobile, machine and aero-hydraulic automation
1.2 Apply fundamental technical knowledge, for example, machanics, mechanical engineering, thermal engineering, technical drawing anf CAD to study, design and analyse mechnical equipment and transportationl engineering system.
1.3 Apply knowledge of the transportation engineering, such as, mechnical transmission and hydraulic transmission in combination with exploitation and use of advanced methods and tools for design and evaluation of systematic solutions and technical products in the fields of mechnical and transportation engineering.
2. Essential professional skills and personal characters to be successful in their career. They are able to:
2.1 Argue, analyse and deal with technical issues
2.2 Carry out experiment, conduct research and explore knowledge
2.3 Think in systematic and critical way
2.4 Act actively, creatively and seriously
2.5 Live and work morally and responsibly
2.6 Understand current issues and pursue a lifetime study
3. Essential social skills to work effectively in the interdisciplinary groups and international environment.
They are able to:
3.1 Organise, lead and work in team (interdisciplinary)
3.2 Communicate effectively through writing, presentation, discussion, negociation, initiative and effective use of advanced tools and facilities
3.3 Use English at work effectively with TOEIC score greater or equal 450
4. Ability to design and implement projects and operate equipment in the combusion engine, automobile, machine and aero-hydraulic automation industries, conforming to the socio-economic and enviromental context. They are able to:
4.1 Understand the close relationship between technical solutions and socio-economic and environmental factors in the context of globalisation
4.2 Recognise problems, develop idias of technical solutions, propose and design projects to develop products for combusion engine, automobile, machine and aero-hydraulic automation industries
4.3 design combusion engine, automobile, machine and aero-hydraulic automation
4.4 Make products and impement technical solutions in the fields of mechanical engineering, engine, automobile, machine and aero-hydraulic automation
4.5 Operate and exploit processes, products and technical solutions in the fields of mechanical engineering, engine, automobile, machine and aero-hydraulic automation
(5) Political character, morality, willingness to serve people and health in order to meet high requirements for Motherland construction and protection. The graduates would have:
5.1 A political qualification as specified by MOET
5.2 A certificate of physical and defense-security education as specifed by MOET
3 Training time and amount of knowledge for the whole course
3.1 Regular training program
– Designed training time: 5 years
– Amount of knowledge for the whole course: 162 credits
3.2 Technical Bachelor-based upgrading program
This program is designed with the aim to give students who have already finished a 4-year bachelor of transportation engineering program or close fields. The training time and amount of knowledge depend on the direction that students selected from the Bachelor of transportation engineering program.
– Designed training time: 1 – 1.5 years
– Amount of knowledge for the whole course: 36-54 credits
4 Eligible candidate
4.1 Students who completed from secondary school and passed the national entry exam for group A, conforming to HUST’s regulations will follow the 5-year or (4+1)-year program
4.2 Persons who completed the HUST’s Bachelor of transportation engineering could go straight to the 1-year upgrading program which is designed in line with the selected Bachelor program. Persons who completed from the HUST’s Bachelor of transportation engineering could go to 1-year upgrading program which is different from the selected program but they must study some supplement subjects (see section 7)
4.3 Persons who completed from the HUST’s Bachelor of Automotive engineering are eligible to take the 1-year upgrading program after finishing one semester for supplement subjects (see section 7)
4.4 Persons who are studying other Bachelor and Engineer programs at HUST could take a dual degree study program as specified in the HUST’s regulations for the second major of the regular undergraduate training.
4.5 Persons who completed other major in HUST or graduated from other universities could apply for the second undergraduate training program under the general regulations of MOET and specific stipulations of HUST.
5 Training Procedures and graduate conditions
Training procedures and graduation conditions are applied under the HUST’s credit-based regulations for undergraduate and junior college training. Students who take a dual degree study must follow the HUST’s regulations for the second major study of the undergraduate training program.
No posts found.