Name: Tran Xuan Bo
Date of birth: 27-01-1983
Tel.: (+84-4) 3869 2984; (+84)9 7587 3202
1. Courses taught
- Fluid Power Machines
- Fluid Power Transmission & Automation
- Dynamics of Fluid Power Systems
- Automatic Control Theory of Fluid Power System
2. Fields of interest:
- Modeling of Dynamics of Fluid Power Systems
- Applied advanced control techniques to electric-hydraulic servosystems
3. Honors and awards (only those relate to professional experience)
- The Second Prize on Strength of Material at the 16th National Mechanics Olympic Contest, Vietnam, 2004
- The Second Best Graduate Student in Master Course at Bandung Institute of Technology, Indonesia, 2008
||Year of graduation
||Field and university
||Fluid Power Systems/ Toyohashi University of Technology (TUT), Japan
||Automation & Manufacturing Systems/ Bandung Institute of Technology (ITB), Indonesia
||Hydraulic Machines & Automation/ Hanoi University of Science and Technology (HUST), Vietnam
5. Brief research background and working experiences:
03/2011 – now Lecturer at Hydraulic Machines & Automation Dept., Hanoi University of Technology, Vietnam
11/2008 – 12/2011 PhD Student at Mechanical & Structural Systems Engineering Dept., Toyohashi University of Technology, Japan
08/2006 – 08/2008 Master Student at Mechanical Engineering Dept., Bandung Institute of Technology, Indonesia
09/2001 – 07/2006 Student at Hydraulic Machines & Automation Dept., Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Vietnam
6. Remarkable scientific projects (no more than 10 items):
 Nonlinear control of single robot arm using an electro-hydraulic cylinder
 Investigating and modeling dynamic friction behaviors of fluid power actuators
7. Remarkable Published Papers (no more than 15 papers):
- Xuan Bo Tran, War Htun Khaing, and Hideki Yanada, Effect of Friction Model on Simulation of Hydraulic Actuator, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part I: Journal of Systems and Control Engineering, Vol. 228, N0. 9, pp. 690-698, 2014.
- Tran Xuan Bo, Do Viet Long and Tran Khanh Duong, Mathematical model of friction in pneumatic cylinder, Journal of Science and Technology (Technical Universites), No. 102 (2014), pp. 096-100.
- Xuan Bo Tran and Hideki Yanada, Dynamic Friction Behaviors of Pneumatic Cylinders, Intelligent Control and Automation, Vol. 4, No. 2, 2013, ISSN: 2153-0653.
- Xuan Bo Tran, Nur Hafizah, and Hideki Yanada, Modeling of Dynamic Friction Behaviors of Hydraulic Cylinders, Mechatronics, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 65-75, 2012, ISSN:0957-4158.
- Xuan Bo Tran, Akinori Matsui, and Hideki Yanada, Effects of Viscosity and Type of Oil on Dynamic Behaviors of Friction of Hydraulic Cylinder, JFPS International Journal of Fluid Power System, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 16-23, 2010 ISSN:1881-5286.
- Tran Xuan Bo and Ngo Sy Loc. Mô hình toán học cải tiến của ma sát trong xy lanh khí nén, Tuyển tập Công trình Hội nghị Khoa học Cơ học Thủy khí Toàn quốc năm 2014, June 2015, Ninh Thuận, Việt Nam, pp. 1859-4182.
- Xuan Bo Tran and Hideki Yanada, Dynamic Friction Characteristics of Pneumatic Actuators and Their Mathematical Model, Proceedings of 8th JFPS International Symposium on Fluid Power, pp. 657-664, October, 2011, Okinawa, Japan, ISBN:4-931070-08-6.
- Hideki Yanada, War Htun Khaing, and Xuan Bo Tran, Effect of Friction Model on Simulation of Hydraulic Actuator, Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Design Engineering and Science, September, 2014, Pilsen, Czech (reported).
- Xuan Bo Tran, Yasunori Wakasawa, and Hideki Yanada, Dynamic Behaviors of Friction in Pneumatic Actuators, Proceedings of 4th International Conference on Manufacturing, Machine Design and Tribology, pp. 33-34, April, 2011, Gamagori, Japan.
- Xuan Bo Tran, Nur Hafizah, and Hideki Yanada, Modeling of Dynamic Friction Behaviors of Hydraulic Cylinders, Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Design Engineering and Science, pp. 205-210, November, 2010, Tokyo, Japan, ISBN:978-4-9905565-0-1.
- Xuan Bo Tran and Indrawanto, Điều khiển phi tuyến của một cánh tay đơn sử dụng cơ cấu chấp hành điện-thủy lực, Tuyển tập công trình Hội nghị khoa học cơ học thủy khí toàn quốc năm 2013, Quảng Bình, July 25-27th, pp. 60-69, ISSN: 1859-4182.