Full name: TRAN Quang Vinh
Title: Assoc.Prof. Dr.
Date of birth: 1975
Position.: Lecturer, Dept. of Internal Combustion Engine, STE, HUST.
Tel.: (+84)24.38683617, (+84)24.38680097
1. Courses taught:
- Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals
- Engine Design and Calculation
- Engine Testing
- Engine Dynamics and Vibration.
- Combustion Theory.
- Fuels, Lubricants and Emissions from Combustion Engine
- Advanced Simulation Tools for Internal Combustion Engine (Master course)
- Mixture Formation and Combustion Processes (Master course)
2. Fields of interest:
- Simulation tools for internal combustion engine processes.
- Applied measurement technique in internal combustion engine.
- Exhaust after-treatment approaches for diesel engine
- Deposits in combustion chamber
- New and renewable energy.
||Year of graduation
||Field and university
||Mechanical Systems Engineering, Gunma University, Japan
||Internal Combustion Engine, HUST
||Internal Combustion Engine, HUST
4. Brief research background and working experiences:
- 1997-1999: Engineer, Infrastructure and Construction Development Corporation (LICOGI).
- 1999-2001: Engineer, Machino Autoparts Co Ltd.
- 2001 up to now: Lecturer, Department of Internal Combustion Engine, Hanoi University of Science and Technology.
5. Published Books:
01 Vo Nghia, Tran Quang Vinh, Measurement Technique in Internal Combustion Engine and Automobiles, Science Publish House, 2012.
6. Remarkable Published Papers:
- Tran Quang Vinh, Nguyen Tuan Thanh, Hoang Anh Tuan, Nghiên cứu ứng dụng dầu thực vật gốc làm nhiên liệu cho động cơ diesel, Journal of Science & Technology – Hanoi Industry University, vol.37, December 2016.
- Tran Quang Vinh and Masataka Arai, NO treatment with dielectric barrier discharge, Journal of Science and Technology – Technical Universities, vol. 112 May 2016.
- Nguyen Tung Lam, Nguyen Manh Dung, Pham Minh Tuan, Tran Quang Vinh, Using selective catalytic converter combined with diesel oxidation catalyst and particulate filter to reduce diesel emissions from vehicle, Journal of Vietnam Mechanics, February 2016.
- Nguyen Tung Lam, Nguyen Manh Dung, Pham Minh Tuan, Tran Quang Vinh, Modeling research the selective catalytic reduction of NOx by urea from light truck diesel exhaust gases, The International Conference on Automotive Technology for Vietnam (ICAT-2015), October 2015.
- Nguyen Tung Lam, Nguyen Manh Dung, Pham Minh Tuan, Tran Quang Vinh, Design the urea injection controller for the selective catalytic converter (SCR) installing in light trucks, National Scientific Conference on Fluid Mechanics 2015, Da Nang, July 2015.
- Le Anh Tuan, Pham Huu Tuyen, Pham Minh Tuan, Tran Quang Vinh, Pham Huu Truyen, Dinh Xuan Thanh, Study the capability of using gasohol on electronically controlled fuel injection vehicles, Journal of Transportation, May 2015.
- Nguyen Manh Dung, Pham Minh Tuan, Pham Huu Tuyen, Tran Quang Vinh, Design and manufacture the exhaust after-treatment unit of DOC-DPF-SCR for diesel engine of trucks, Journal of Science & Technology – Hanoi Industry University, April 2015.
- Pham Van Viet, Luong Cong Nho, Tran Quang Vinh, Deposits in combustion engine and preventive measures, Journal of Science & Technology – Hanoi Industry University, April 2015.
- Tran Quang Vinh, Simulation the NOx reduction process in plasma reactor, National Scientific Conference on Fluid Mechanics 2014, Ninh Thuan, July 2014.
- Tran Quang Vinh, Pham Minh Tuan, Nguyen Manh Dung, Using the combination of the selective catalytic reduction (SCR) with DOC-DPF for diesel exhaust after-treatment, Journal of Vietnam Mechanics, Special issue 2014.
- Tran Quang Vinh, Biodiesel production from jatropha curcas oil and pongamia pinnata oil – Applicability in Vietnam, National Scientific Conference on Fluid Mechanics 2013, Quang Binh, July 2013.
- Tran Quang Vinh, Le Anh Tuan, Masataka Arai, Impact of oxygen and discharge energy density on N radical formation in deNOx barrier discharge reactor, The 6th AUN/SEED-Net Regional Conference on Energy Engineering (RCEneE 2013), September 2013.
- Tran Quang Vinh and Masataka Arai, A new after-treatment concept of diesel exhaust gas using barrier discharge reactor combined with diesel particulate filter, SAE Technical Paper, 2013-01-0012, 2013, doi:10.4271/2013-01-0012.
- Tran Quang Vinh and Masataka Arai, The influence of N radical pre-treatment on NOx removal per- formance under barrier discharge field, Proc. The 2nd International Conference on Automotive Technology, Engine and Alternative Fuels (ICAEF2012), December 2012.
- Tran QuangVinh, Shuya Watanabe, TomohikoFuruhata and Masataka Arai: Fundamental study of NOx removal from diesel exhaust gas by dielectric barrier discharge reactor, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology 26 (6) (2012) 1~8.
- T. Q. Vinh, S. Watanabe, T. Furuhata and M. Arai: Effects of particulate matter on NOx removal indielectric barrier discharges, Journal of the Energy Institute 85 (3), 2012, 163-169.
- Tran QuangVinh, Shuya Watanabe, Tomohiko Furuhata and Masataka Arai: NOx removal behavior in a dielectric barrier discharge field, 15th Asian-Pacific Automotive Engineering Conference (APAC-15), Hanoi, Vietnam, Oct.26-28
- Pham Minh Tuan, Pham Huu Tuyen, Tran Quang Vinh, Tran Dang Quoc: Evaluate the quality of emissions from cars and motorcycles when applying Type Approval Test, The 4th National Conference of Measuring Science and Technology, Hanoi, 2005.
- Pham Minh Tuan, Pham Van The, Tran Quang Vinh, Nguyen The Luong: Evaluate the quality of emissions from cars which were assembled in Vietnam, International Conference of Automotive Technology (ICAT), Hanoi, 2005.
- Pham Minh Tuan, Tran Quang Vinh, Tran Dang Quoc, Cao Xuan Vinh, Nguyen Minh Dong: Results of testing the catalytic converter for motorcycles at Hanoi University of Technology. The 20th Scientific Conference of Hanoi University of Technology, 2006.