Full name: NGUYEN THE Luong
Title: Doctor of Philosophy
Date of birth: 1979
Position.: Vice head of the Laboratory of Internal Combustion Engines.
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Courses taught:
- Internal Combustion Engine bais
- Fundamental of Internal Combustion Engine
- Exhaust gas of Internal Combustion Engine and environmental pollution
- Turbocharging the internal combustion engine
- Fuels, Lubricants and Emissions
2. Fields of interest:
- Materials science, Catalysts, Three way catalyst, DOC, DeNOx, NOx trap catalysts
- Engine emission measurements system
- Alternative fuel (LPG, CNG, LNG, hydrogen, biofuel)
Doctor 2013 Catalysis materials, Graduate School of Energy Science, Kyoto University, Japan
Master 2007 Internal Combustion Engines, Hanoi University of Science & Technology, Vietnam
Engineer 2003 Internal Combustion Engines, Hanoi University of Science & Technology, Vietnam
4. Brief research background and working experiences:
- 2003-now: Lecturer at Department of Internal Combustion Engines, HUST, Vietnam
- 2005-2007: Master, Using hydrogen as gasoline additional fuel in internal combustion engine for reduction of exhaust gas emissions, HUST
- 2009-2013: PhD student, MEXT, Study on CuO-CeO2 System to Develop New Three-Way Catalysts, Graduate School of Energy Science, Kyoto University, Japan
- 2009-2013: Jointed Environment management leader project, Kyoto University, Japan
- 2009-2013: Jointed Global Center of Excellence (GCOE) project, Kyoto University, Japan
- 3/2014: Vice head of Laboratory of Internal Combustion Engines, School of Transportation Engineering, HUST.
- 2015: Jointed a Japan-ASEAN Collaboration Research Program on Innovative Humanosphere in Southeast Asia, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science
- 2006:Reduction of air pollution by controlling exhaust gas from motor cycles in Vietnam, Visiting professor, Kyoto University, Japan
5. Remarkable scientific projects
- 2016: Chief of Ministry-level projectentitled “Study, design andmanufacture Three- Way catalysis accord with mixed gasoline-ethanol fuels (E5-E20) applied in automobile”. Coded B2016-BKA-18.
- 2014-2016: Secretary of a national research project entitled “Hydrogen rich gas production by catalytic reforming of gasoline to supply to the spark ignition engines aiming higher engine efficiency and emission reduction” coded KC.05.24/11-15.
- 2013-2014: Participant a national research project entitled “Study, design and manufacture DOC, DPF, SCR catalytic by Nano catalysis applied in diesel engine”.
- 2007-2009: Responsible for a branch of a national research project on production and utilization of biodiesel based on cat-fish fat in Vietnam.
- 2008-2009: Responsible of a research project funded by Hanoi’s People Committee on development of a local real world driving cycle for motorcycles for Hanoi.
- 2008: Chief of University-level project entitled “Study and design a driving cycle for motorcycle at laboratory, Coded T2008-144.
6. Published books and reports
- Takeshi Yao, Zero-Carbon Energy Kyoto 2012, book chapter: Thermal Stability and Catalytic Performance of Pd, Pt and Rh Loaded on CuO–CeO2–Al2O3 Support for Three-Way Catalysts (Nguyen The Luong,EijiYamasue, Hideyuki Okumura, Keiichi N. Ishihara), Part II, pp 167-177, DOI 10.1007/978-4-431-54264-3_19, ISBN: 978-4-431-54263-6 (Print) 978-4-431-54264-3 (Online)
7. Remarkable published papers
- Le Anh Tuan, Nguyen The Luong, Keiichi N. Ishihara,Low Temperature Catalytic Performance of Ni-Cu/Al2O3 Catalysts for Gasoline Reforming to Produce Hydrogen Applied in SI. Engines, Catalysts2016, 6(3), 45; ; doi:3390/catal6030045.
- PhanThi Kim Thuong, Nguyen The Luong, Tran Thi Thu Huong. Study on supplying hydrogen-rich mixture, derived, from thermochemical reaction, to a motorcycleaiming exhaust emission, Vietnam mechanical engineering journal, ISSN 0866 – 7056, No 1+2, 2016.
- Nguyen DuyTien, Tran AnhTrung, Nguyen DucKhanh, Nguyen TheLuong, Nguyen The Truc. Nghiêncứuxácđịnhtỷlệxăngcồnphụgiatốiưuchođộngcơxemáybằngphưongphápquyhoạchthựcnghiệm, Cơhọcthủykhítoànquốc 2014, 6/2015, ISSN 1859-4182
- Le AnhTuan, Nguyen TheLuong, Tran Van Hoang, Bui Xuan Truong, Tran Thi Thu Huong, Nguyen DuyTien, Nguyen The Truc, Pham Minh. Catalytic performance of Cu0,5-Ni0,5/g-Al2O3 for Steam Reforming of Gasoline-Ethanol to ProduceHydrogen Applied in SI. Engines, HộinghịKhoahọccôngnghệGiaothôngvậntảilầnthứ 3, ISBN: 978-604-76-0594-1, tháng 5 năm 2015.
- Bui Van Chien, Tran Van Hoang, Le Van Minh, Nguyen Thanh Son, Pham Anh Phuong, Nguyen The Luong, Le Anh Tuan. Design and estimate dipped- coating machine to coat catalysis layer applied in IC engine, The 6th National Conference of Measuring Science and Technology, ISBN: 978-604-67-0521-5, 2015.
- Nguyen The Luong, Tran Van Hoang, Nguyen Duy Tien, Pham Minh Tuan, Le Anh Tuan, Coating Properties of g-Al2O3 Layer on Metallic Substrate for Gasoline Reforming Catalyst applied in SI. Engines. The 5th TSME International Conference on Mechanical Engineering, TháiLan, ISBN: 978-616-338-035-7, Dec 17-19, 2014.
- Nguyen The Luong, EijiYamasue, Hideyuki Okumura, Keiichi N. Ishihara. Adhesion Properties of milled CuO-CeO2/γ-Al2O3 on Metallic Substrate for Automotive Catalytic Converter, Journal of Particulate Science and Technology32, issue5, (2014), pp.529-536 DOI:10.1080/02726351.2014.920442, 2013.
- Nguyen The Luong,EijiYamasue, Hideyuki Okumura, Keiichi N. Ishihara, Thermal Stability and Catalytic Performance of Pd, Pt and Rh Loaded on CuO–CeO2–Al2O3 Support for Three-Way Catalysts, Part II, pp 167-177, DOI 10.1007/978-4-431-54264-3_19, ISBN: 978-4-431-54263-6 (Print) 978-4-431-54264-3 (Online)
- Pham HuuTuyen, Nguyen TheLuong, Le Anh Tuan, ĐoThanhHai. Determination of urea solution flow rate injected into selective catalytic reduction system equipped on a bus engine, Vietnam mechanical engineering journal, ISSN 0866 – 7056, 10/2013.
- Nguyen The Luong,Pham HuuTuyen, Vu KhacThien, LuongDucNghia: An Experimental Study on the Performance and Emissions of Diesel Engine Fuelled by Ethanol-Diesel Blends; The 3rd International Conference on Sustainable Energy, ISBN 978-604-73-1990-9, 10/2013.
- Nguyen DuyTien, Nguyen Viet Thanh, Nguyen The Truc, Nguyen DuyVinh, Nguyen DucKhanh, Nguyen The Luong, “Nghiêncứuxácđịnhgócđánhlửasớmtốiưucủađộngcơxemáybằngphầnmềm AVL Boost”, HộinghịKhoahọcCơhọcthủykhítoànquốc, 7/2013, ISSN 1859-4182.
- Pham Minh Tuan, Tran QuangVinh, Le Anh Tuan, Nguyen The Luong, Nguyen DuyVinh, Nguyen DuyTien:Assessementof Impacts of Gasohol E5 and E10 on Performance and Exhaust Emissions of in-used Motorcycle and Car in Vietnam, APAC15, 2009
- Le Anh Tuan, Nguyen The Truc, Nguyen The Luong, Nguyen DuyTien, Nguyen DuyVinh, Vu khacThien Development of a local real world driving cycle for motorcycle for Hanoi, Proceeding of Automotive Technology, Engine and Alternative Fuels, Ho Chi Minh city December 2008..
- Nguyen The Luong, Hoang Dinh Long. Exhaust gas assisted gasoline reforming for reduced exhaust emissions of spark ignition engines. Proceeding of the 20th Scientific conference Hanoi University of Technology, Hanoi October 2006.
- Vu Huy Duong, Nguyen The Luong, Pham Minh Tuan, Pham Van The, Tran QuangVinh.Evaluate the emission from some domestically assembled car brands in Vietnam, The Proceedings of the International Conference on Automotive Technology, Hanoi October 2005 (ICAT 2005)..
- Pham Minh Tuan, Pham HuuTuyen, Nguyen The Luong, Tran Dang Quoc. Approval Test on Exhaust Gases Emission for Heavy Duty Vehicle, The Proceedings of the International Conference on Automotive Technology, Hanoi October 2005 (ICAT 2005).
- Nguyen The Luong, Pham Minh Tuan,Khong Vu Quang, Tran AnhTrung,The use of Visioscope and indicating research activity of diesel engine using system Commonrail, The 4th National Conference of Measuring Science and Technology, Hanoi, 2005.
8. Mater students
- Nguyen Ngoc Quang, CB130103, Study Coating Property of Gasoline Reforming Catalysis to Produce Hydrogen Applied in SI. Engines
9. PhD students
- Tran Van Hoang:Improve catalytic performance for hydrogen-rich gasproduction applied in spark-ignition engine, 2015-2018, (second supervisor).
- Vu Minh Dien: Study on possibility of thermal energy utilization of colling-water and exhaust gas of ship diesel engine to distill freshwater from the seawater, 2016-2019 (second supervisor).