Ship Engineering program for engineer
Program’s Title: Ship Engineering program for engineer
Training level: Undergraduate
Major: Ship engineering
(Promulgated under Decision…./QĐ-ĐHBK-ĐTĐH dated…/…./2011 by the HUST’s President)
1 Program’s Objective
The objective the Engineer of Ship Engineering Program is to provide the graduates with:
(1) Solid background knowledge in order to well adapt to various works of the ship engineering field and other fields of the transportation engineering
(2) Professional skills and personal characters needed to be seccessful in their career
(3) Essential social skills to work effectively in the interdisciplinary groups and international environment
(4) Ability to design and implement projects and operate equipment, conforming to the socio-economic and enviromental context
(5) Political character, morality, willingness to serve people and health in order to meet high requirements for Motherland construction and protection
After completion, the Engineer of Transportation Engineering could take a role of:
– Design and development engineer
– Operation and maintenance Engineer
– Auditing and evaluation Engineer
– Design and monitoring consultant
– Project management engineer
in the fields of ship industry and transportation
2 Standard outputs – Expected results
After completion, the engineer of the HUST’s ship engineering would have:
1 Solid background knowledge to adapt to various works, for examples, R&D, consultancy, production and management in the fields of ship engineering. Specifically, they are able to:
1.1 Apply fundamental knowledge, such as, math and physic in simulation and calculation of the ship operation and equipment and system on board
1.2 Apply fundamental aero-hydraulic knowledge, ship theory, ship design, ship structure, ship’s dynamic equipment, ship building technology to study, design and analyse designs in the ship industry.
1.3 Apply professional knowledge of the ship engineering, in combination with exploitation and use of softwares in design and evaluation of technical solutions for the ship industry.
2. Essential professional skills and personal characters to be successful in their career. They are able to:
2.1 Argue, analyse and deal with technical issues
2.2 Carry out experiment, conduct research and explore knowledge
2.3 Think in systematic and critical way
2.4 Act actively, creatively and seriously
2.5 Live and work morally and responsibly
2.6 Understand current issues and pursue a lifetime study
3. Essential social skills to work effectively in the interdisciplinary groups and international environment. They are able to:
3.1 Organise, lead and work in team (interdisciplinary)
3.2 Communicate effectively through writing, presentation, discussion, negociation, initiative and effective use of advanced tools and facilities
3.3 Use English at work effectively with TOEIC score greater or equal 450
4. Ability to design and implement projects in the ship industry, conforming to the socio-economic and enviromental context. They are able to:
4.1 Understand the close relationship between technical solutions and socio-economic and environmental factors in the context of globalisation
4.2 Recognise problems, develop idias of technical solutions, propose and design projects in the ship industry
4.3 Design ship and systems and equipment on board
4.4 Implement the ship building projects
(5) Political character, morality, willingness to serve people and health in order to meet high requirements for Motherland construction and protection. The graduates would have:
5.1 A political qualification as specified by MOET
5.2 A certificate of physical and defense-security education as specifed by MOET
3 Training time and amount of knowledge for the whole course
3.1 Regular training program
– Designed training time: 5 years
– Amount of knowledge for the whole course: 162 credits
3.2 Technical Bachelor-based upgrading program
This program is designed with the aim to give students who have already finished a 4-year bachelor of ship engineering program or close fields. The training time and amount of knowledge depend on the direction that students selected from the Bachelor of transportation engineering program.
– Designed training time: 1 – 1.5 years
– Amount of knowledge for the whole course: 36-56 credits
4 Eligible candidate
4.1 Students who completed from secondary school and passed the national entry exam for group A, conforming to HUST’s regulations will follow the 5-year or (4+1)-year program
4.2 Persons who completed the HUST’s Bachelor of ship engineering could go straight to the 1-year upgrading program. Persons who completed from the HUST’s Bachelor of mechanical engineering or Bachelor of transportation engineering program could go to 1-year upgrading program but they must study some supplement subjects in order to meet the requiements of the Bachelor of the ship engineering program
4.3 Persons who completed from the HUST’s Bachelor of ship engineering are eligible to take the 1-year upgrading program after finishing one semester for supplement subjects.
4.4 Persons who are studying other Bachelor or Engineer programs at HUST could take a dual degree study program as specified in the HUST’s regulations for the second major of the regular undergraduate training.
4.5 Persons who completed other major in HUST or graduated from other universities could apply for the second undergraduate training program under the general regulations of MOET and specific stipulations of HUST.
5 Training Procedures and graduate conditions
Training procedures and graduation conditions are applied under the HUST’s credit-based regulations for undergraduate and junior college training. Students who take a dual degree study must follow the HUST’s regulations for the second major study of the undergraduate training program.
5.1. List of general disciplines in the technique group
No posts found.