Name: Ngo Ich Long
Academic degree: PhD (Doctor of Philosophy)
Date of Birth: June 26, 1986
Position: Lecturer, Research professor
Tel.: (+84) 243-869-2984
1. Teaching subjects
- Turbo-pumps and ventilators, Compressors, Theory of wings and blades
- Fluid mechanics, Fluid machineries, Fundamental of Multiphase flows
- Professional English
2. Scientific fields
- Computational fluid engineering (CFE),
- Research on thermal-physical behaviors in polymer composites, porous wicks,
- Research on microfluidics devices, mixing devices for Bio-chemical field,
- Research on thermal-hydraulic performance of heat exchangers using nanofluid, LED systems,
- Research on burning characteristics in combustion engineering,
- Research on multiphase flows, cavitations, surface-submerged vortices in pump sump systems.
3. Awards and achievements
- Bronze medal in a contest of 26th research students, School of Transportation Engineering, Hanoi University of Science and Technology (HUST), 2008.
||Mechanical engineering/ Yeungnam University
||Mechanical engineering / Changwon National University
||Aeronautical engineering/ HUST
5. Working experiences
- 09/2009 ~ 02/2011: Probational lecturer at Dept. of Fluid Power and Automation Engineering
- 03/2011 ~ 02/2013: Master candidate at Changwon National University, South Korea
- 03/2013 ~ 02/2016: PhD candidate at Yeungnam University, South Korea
- 03/2016 ~ 01/2019: Postdoc, research professor at Yeungnam University, South Korea
- 01/2019 ~ present: PhD lecturer at Dept. of Fluid Power and Automation Engineering
- Lecture note of Turbo-pumps and ventilators
- A book chapter in an international publisher, Formatex Research Center, 2016, ISBN (13): 978-84-942134-8-9
- Ich-Long Ngo, Trung-Dung Dang, Chan Byon, Sang Woo Joo, A numerical study on the dynamics of droplet formation in a microfluidic double T-junction, Biomicrofluidics 9 (2015) 024107(1-13).
- Ich-Long Ngo and Chan Byon, A generalized correlation for predicting the thermal conductivity of composite materials, International Journal of Heat and Mass transfer 83 (2015) 408-415.
- Ich-Long Ngo and Chan Byon, A generalized correlation for predicting the thermal conductivity of composites with heterogeneous nanoﬁllers, International Journal of Heat and Mass transfer 90 (2015) 894-899.
- Ich-Long Ngo and Chan Byon, A review on enhancing thermal conductivity of transparent and flexible polymer composites, Science of Advanced Materials 8 (2016) 257-266.
- Ich-Long Ngo and Chan Byon, Permeability of microporous wicks with geometric inverse to sintered particles, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 92 (2016) 298-302.
- Ich-Long Ngo, Sang Woo Joo, Chan Byon, Effects of junction angle and viscosity ratio on droplet formation in microfluidic cross-junction, ASME Journal of Fluid Engineering 138 (2016) 0512021-0512029
- Young-Jin Baik, Ich-Long Ngo, Jang Min Park, and Chan Byon, Generalized correlations for predicting optimal spacing of decaying heat sources in a conducting medium, ASME Journal of Heat Transfer 138 (2016) 0913011-0913016
- Ich-Long Ngo, Chan Byon, An extensive study on enhancing the thermal conductivity of core-shell nanoparticle composites using finite element method, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 101 (2016) 147-155.
- Ich-Long Ngo, Chan Byon, A novel correlation for predicting the thermal conductivity of heterogeneous nanofiller polymer composites under effects of thermal contact resistance, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 106 (2017) 539-545.
- Ich-Long Ngo, S.V., Prabhakar Vattiktui, and Chan Byon, A modified Hashin-Shtrikman model for predicting the thermal conductivity of polymer composites reinforced with randomly distributed hybrid fillers, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 114 (2017) 727-734.
- Ich-Long Ngo, Chan Byon, and Byeong Jun Lee, Analytical study on thermal conductivity enhancement of hybrid-filler polymer composites under high thermal contact resistance, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 126 (2018) 474-484.
- Ich-Long Ngo, Hosung Jang, Chan Byon, and Byeong Jun Lee, Experimental study on thermal performance of SMD-LED chips under the effects of electric wire pattern and LED arrangement, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 127 (2018) 746-757.
- Ich Long Ngo, Chan Byon, and Byeong Jun Lee, Numerical analysis for the eﬀects of particle distribution and particle size on eﬀective thermal conductivity of hybrid-ﬁller polymer composites, International Journal of Thermal Sciences 142 (2019) 42-53.
- Ich Long Ngo, Viet Anh Truong, An investigation on effective thermal conductivity of hybrid-ﬁller polymer composites under effects of random particle distribution,particle size and thermal contact resistance, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 144 (2019) 118605(1-14).
- Ich Long Ngo, T. K. Lai, H. J. Choi, H. T. T. Le, G. M. Kim, T. D. Dang, A study on mixing performance of dean flows through spiral micro-channel under various effects, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 32 (2020) 022004(1-8).