Full Name: Trong Hoan NGUYEN
Title: Assoc. Prof. Dr.
Date of birth:1958
Position: Asoc. professor, Senior Lecturer
1. Courses taught
- Design and calculation of automobile
- Machine and transmission hydraulics
- Automobile diagnostic
- Automobile tests and experiments
- Dynamics of hdraulic and pneumatic systems on vehicles
2. Fields of interest
- Vehicle Dynamics and Control
- Vibration and Noise
- Modelling and Simualtion
- Dynamics of hdraulic and pneumatic systems on vehicles and mobile working machine
3. Honors and awards
||Year of graduation
||Field and university
||Mechamics/Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
||Mechanics/ Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
||Automotive engineering/Institut National Polytechnic of Minsk
5. Brief research background and working experiences
- From 1982 to 1989: Lecturer, Automobile department, HUT
- From 1989 to 1994: PhD student, Polytechnical University of Grenoble, France.
- From 1994 to 2006: Lecturer, Automobile department, HUT;
- From 2006: Lecturer at Deparment of Automotive Engineering, Institue of Transportation Engineering, HUT.
6. Remarkable scientific projects
- Study method to assess dynamic property of BELAZ-540A applying torque converter made in Hongai mechanical factory. Scientific project at HUT, 1997.
- To build software for calculation of chasiss-frame of buses assembled in member of Vietnam Automotive Corporation. Scientific project at Ministry of Education and Trainning. 2003 – 2005.
- To build software for verifying design of brake system based on ECE R13. Scientific project at HUT, 2006.
- Research aerodynamic optimization of passenger car, produced in Vietnam. Chair, execution time: 2009-2010.
- Research, design prototype ABS system of pneumatic brake systems for cars, produced and assembled in Vietnam. Participants, duration: 2012 – 2013.
7. Published Books
- Structure of Automobile, 2009
8. Remarkable Published Papers
-  P. Franc, J.M. Michel, Hoan Nguyen Trong: “An Experimental Investigation of Scale Effects in Cavitation Erosion”. Third International Symposium on Cavitation, Cambridge, U.K., 9-11 Dec 1992.
-  P. Franc, J.M. Michel, Hoan Nguyen Trong, A. Karimi: “From pressure pulse measurements to mass loss prediction: the analysis of a method”. Second International Symposium on Cavitation, Tokyo, 5-7 April 1994.
-  Nguyen Phu Vinh, Nguyen Trong Hoan, Pham Vy: Study automaticaly regulated hydrostatic transmission system on EO-3323. ICAT’96 Proceedings.
-  Nguyen Trong Hoan: Calculation time of respond in pneumatic braking system on trailer-struck. ICAT proceedungs, 10/1999.
-  Nguyen trọng Hoan, Hoang Van Huong: Simulation and calculation of pneumatic braking system’s Dynamics. in ICAT Proceedings, 2002.
-  Nguyen Trong Hoan, Duong Ngoc Khanh: Study stability of hydraulic powered steering system of automobile. ICAT 2002 PROCEEDINGS
-  Nguyen Trong Hoan: Simulation and calculation maximal load on automobile transmission system. Magazin of Industry, No. 6, 2004
-  Nguyen Trong Hoan: “Investigation of the brake process with adjustment of the brake force between axles of the N3 truck based on ECE standard”. International Conference on Automotive Technology for Vietnam 22 – 24/10/ 2005 (ICAT 2005).
-  Nguyen Trong Hoan, Tran Van Nghia, Trinh Minh Hoang: “Analysing the Characteristics of Frame Structure of the Buses using in Vietnam”. ICAT 2005.
-  Nguyen Trong Hoan, Tran Van Nghia, Trinh Minh Hoang: “To disign Software Calculating the Strength of Frame Buses”. ICAT 2005.
-  Do Giao Tien, Le Quynh Mai, Dinh Manh Cuong, Nguyen Trong Hoan, Nguyen Thanh Quang: “Simulation the Torsional Dynamics of Powertrain in Truck LF3070G1 by Software Matlab-Simulink”. The 15 th Asia Pacific Automotive Engineering Conference. Hanoi, October 26 -28, 2009.
-  Nguyen Trong Hoan, Ho Huu Hai, Phung Anh Nam, Lai Nang Vu: “The Study and Development of Vehicle ABS ECU”. The 15 th Asia Pacific Automotive Engineering Conference. Hanoi, October 26 -28, 2009.
-  To Hoang Tung, Nguyen Trong Hoan, Ho Huu Hai: “Using FLUENT to Simulate the Air-flow Around Body of Coach Manufactured in Vietnam”. The 15 th Asia Pacific Automotive Engineering Conference. Hanoi, October 26 -28, 2009.
-  Do Giao Tien, Le Quynh Mai, Dinh Manh Cuong, Nguyen Trong Hoan, Nguyen Thanh Quang: “Experiment for Analyzing the Effect of the Powertrain Vibration on the Cabin in the Truck LF3070G1”. The 15 th Asia Pacific Automotive Engineering Conference. Hanoi, October 26 -28, 2009.
10. Guiding Undergraduates
- Pham Trong Phuoc : Research system dynamics model cars use automatic transmission with hydraulic torque converter.
- Nguyen Huu Manh : Study of combined operating conditions between combustion engine and hydraulic torque converter on cars equipped with automatic transmission
- Trieu Phu Nguyen : Study of combined operating conditions between combustion engine and stepless transmission system CVT.
- Tran Kim Cuong : Survey research, evaluation ventilation system Thu Thiem tunnel across the Saigon River.
- Đo Van Truc: Survey and calculate the dynamics of pneumatic driven braking system
11. Guiding Postgraduates
- To Hoang Tung: Research optimized aerodynamic shell of passenger cars assembled in Vietnam.
- Le Quynh Mai: Research Car shell-frame vibration and noise problems29 seats car.
- Đinh Manh Cuong: Study to the mode dynamic load acting on the frame of concrete mixer trucks.