Name: Thang Binh HOANG
Date of birth: 1972
1. Courses taught
- Automotive Structure
- Advanced Automotive Structure
- Automotive Maintenance Technology
- Evaluation of Automotive Technical Status
- Body and Frame Technology
- Noise, Vibration and Harshness on Automobile
2. Fields of interest
- CAE (Computer Aided Engineering)
- Body and Frame Technology
- Material Machining Technology
- ITS (Intelligent Transport Systems)
- Diagnosis Technology
- Dynamics and Control
- Vehicle Production Technology and Quality Control
||Year of graduation
||Field and university
||Information Science and Control Engineering/ Nagaoka University of Technology
||Mechanical Engineering/ Nagaoka University of Technology
||Mechanical Engineering/ Hanoi University of Science and Technology
4. Brief research background and working experiences
- 1994-1995 Studied, RCPM (Research Center for Precise Machinery), HUST;
- 1995-1996 Studied, Shiroki Corporation, Japan;
- 1996-1999 Design and Production of Mould and Die, Vina-Shiroki Co., Ltd.;
- 1999-2000 ISO9000 Promotion in HONDA Vietnam Co., Ltd.;
- 2000-2002 Studied, HONDA International Technical School, Japan,
- 2002-2004 Specialist Engineer, DENSO Corporation Representative Office,
- 2004-2009 Master and Doctor Student, Nagaoka University of Technology, Japan;
- 2009 up to now Lecturer, Department of Automotive Engineering, Institute of Transportation Engineering, HUTS.
5. Remarkable scientific projects
- Student research project: Automation design to improve D6 engine. 3th award, finished in April 1994.
- Master thesis: Processing cemented carbide by separated heating of work piece and separated cooling of tool simultaneously. Finished in June 2006.
- Doctor thesis: Research on countermeasures of tool temperature for processing difficult to cut material. Finished in June 2009.
- College-level research project: Code T2011-70, Head, Research, 3D simulation and computer added analysis for testing stand of car’s air conditioner compressor. Finished in December 2011.
- College-level research project: Code T2014-26, Head, Research, design and computer added analysis for body of City car. Finished in December 2014.
- State-level research project: Code KC.03.05/11-15, Research member, Research, design and fabrication of ABS in compressed air braking system for vehicle producted in Vietnam. Finished in March 2015.
6. Remarkable Published Papers
- Tanabe I., Binh H. T., Sugai H. and Inoue M., Cutting With Heating of Work Piece and Cooling of Tool Regarding Cemented Mould and Die, Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.73, No.727, (2007), 885-890.
- Tanabe I., Binh H. T., Iyama T. and Kratz E., Development of New Electro Deposited Diamond Tool and Its Compulsory Cooling System for High Speed Processing of Titanium and Nickel Alloys, Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.74, No.747, (2008), 2797-2802.
- Luong Qui Hiẹp, Pham Huu Nam, Hoang Thang Binh, Variable Gear Ratio of Steering System, Journal of Transportation, Vol 4, (2013), 26-29.
- Hoang Tung Nghia, Hoang Thang Binh, Determining Risky Speed Level of Vehicle Turnaround by Carsim Software, Vol.5, (2016), 78-80.
- Tran The Tran, Hoang Thang Binh, Pham Huu Nam, Nguyen Trong Minh, Method of Determining the Safe Distance Between Vehicles on Highway, Vietnam Mechanical Engineering Journal, Vol.3 Special, (2017),49-54.
- Nguyen Tuan Anh, Tran The Tran, Hoang Thang Binh, Pham Huu Nam, Le Trung Dung, Method of Calculating, Design the Stability Bars by Using SolidWorks Software, Vietnam Mechanical Engineering Journal, Vol.12, (2018), 93-99.
- Nguyen Tuan Anh, Hoang Thang Binh, Study on the Influence of Vehicle’s Dimension to Rollover, International Journal of Science and Engineering Investigations, Vol. 8, (2019), 62-64.
- Anh Nguyen Tuan, Binh Hoang Thang, Research on Dynamic Vehicle Model Equipped Active Stabilizer Bar, Advances in Science, Technology and Engineering Systems Journal, Vol. 4, (2019), 271-275.
- Nguyen Tuan Anh, Hoang Thang Binh, Tran The Tran, Pham Huu Nam, Le Trung Dung, Using Carsim for Evaluation Turnaround Dynamic Model when Determining the Motion Trajectory, Journal of Water Resource & Environmental Engineering, Vol.10 Special, (2019), 99-102.
- Nguyen Tuan Anh, Hoang Thang Binh, Research on Determining the Limited Roll Angle of Vehicle, Advances in Engineering Research and Application/ Proceedings of the International Conference on Engineering Research and Applications, ICERA, (2019), 613-619.
- Nguyen Tuan Anh, Hoang Thang Binh, Optimization of the Stabilizer Bar by Using Total Scores Method, Advances in Science, Technology and Engineering Systems Journal (ASTESJ), Vol.5, (2020), 431-435.
- Nguyen Tuan Anh, Hoang Thang Binh, Tran Van Thang, Establishing the State Function to Determine the Turning Radius of the Vehicle When Steering, Universal Journal of Mechanical Engineering, Vol.8(2), (2020), 129-134.
7. Guiding Undergraduates
- Luu Trong Nghia. Thesis: The study and proposal of automotive maintenance standard before inspection. Completed: 10/2016.
- Nguyen Duy Hien. Thesis: Reseach, design control circuit of electric power steering motor for trucks 2,5 tonnes assembled in Vietnam. Completed: 10/2017.
- Trinh Van Quyet. Thesis: Study and establishment of training documents for electronic fuel injection system CRS on Hi-DS simulator. Completed: 10/2018.
- Pham Van Trung. Thesis: Study of the OBD diagnostics system and establishment of basic trouble shooting procedure on vehicle VT650. Completed: 10/2018.
- Phan Van Cong. Thesis: A study on the factors effective to braking performance with Carsim software. Completed: 10/2018.
- Nguyen Duc Ha. Thesis: Study and design the test bench to test the performance of the control unit and characteristic of electric motor of power steering. Completed: 10/2018.
- Nguyen Tuan Anh. Thesis: Study on establishing the car dynamics model with active stability bar. Completed: 04/2019.
8. Guiding Postgraduates
- Tran The Tran. Thesis: Research the active stabilizer bar control system used in cars. Course : 2016-2020.
Ha Noi, April 2020.